January 5, 2011

Scrapbook Layout

I got married in September and have yet to start my layouts from my wedding and thought one of my goals for 2011 was to get them done.  Having said that hopefully you won't get sick of wedding layouts!  I promise I will try and bring something new to the crafting table everytime.
Sarah, over at Pink Cricut just recently purchased Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and it just so happens that I have used it on my layout today.  This stuff is easily addictive and I must confess I have another 5 bottles on order but we crafters are not addicts, are we? 

This layout is a picture of my brother and I the day of the wedding.  I am sooo very pleased with the way it turned out, elegant I think is the right word.    For better viewing click on picture.

I used SU PP, cardstock, 2 3/8 scallop circle punch and 1 3/4 circle punch.  I inked around all edges using Tim Holtz Walnut Stain distress ink.  Corner Chopper was used to round edge of picture and George & Basic Shapes Cartridge was used to cut rounded square at 9.59' and rectangles were cut at 9.94' and 9.35'

The title was cut at 1.82' from Gypsy Wonderings.  I also used the shadow feature.

Hopefully you can see some of the shine but I used Tattered Leather (stem & leaves) and Delphinium (flower) Glimmer Mist on some jumbo chipboard pieces.  Lay your pieces down into an old cardboard box, spray and blot with a paper towel and voila you got instant shine!!  You can always use your heat tool for quicker drying.

I will see you back here tomorrow for a project using my Bind It All!!

Tootles,
Wendy

3 comments:

THEBUZYBUG said...

Very Cute! TFS! Come on over to my blog...thebusybug.blogspot.com. I have 2 Cricut Cartridge giveaways going on until Friday! Leave comments for 2 chances to win! Bug Hugs!

Honeybearz Designs said...

This is a beautiful layout. You did a great job on it.

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Hi Wendy!

Oh my! What a beautiful layout! Congrats on making Cristina's design team!

Ruthie :)